In association with Chemin d’API, we are pleased to share the publication of their Guide d’Activtés Parent-Enfant (Guide for Activities Parent-Child). You can also download PDF copies of the complete Guide, the section on Parent-Child Activities and the DIY section.
***PLEASE NOTE: The Guide is currently only available in French. A group of volunteers is working on translating it into English; when an English copy is available this post will be updated.
Chemin d’API aims to maximize the potential and well-being of mothers, fathers, unborn babies and children 0 to 5 years of the Haut-Richelieu MRC.
Chemin d’API’s actions are based on the following three goals: improving the quality of the child’s lifestyle (moving, eating, playing), enhancing parents’ sense of competence and maximizing community engagement for families with children aged 0 to 5 years, especially those in situations of vulnerability (economic or otherwise).
To achieve its objectives, Chemin d’API implements several actions, including:
• Free activities in the parks
• Troc-Jeux offering families a toy exchange system
• Cooking workshops in parent-child dyads (on references only)
• A toolkit for community stakeholders to improve their intervention approaches
• Rich partnerships with the “family” organizations of the community as well as with other external bodies (municipal, school, etc.) in order to make known and make accessible to the families the different activities and resources offered in the territory
• Training sessions for members of the Haut-Richelieu Perinatal and Infancy Table to promote complementarity of intervention approaches and maximize the scope of our actions for families.